It’s officially summertime! It’s time to get out in the sun and enjoy the ABI life and explore the UK. Read on for our top 5 activities to do this summer ☀️
Visit a Theme Park
For any adrenaline junkies and thrill seekers, a day at a theme park is a MUST this summer! This is a great day out for the whole family, opening you up to a world of excitement 🎢
The UK is full of theme parks, so you can take your pick to suit you as most of these parks have a mixture of thrilling coasters and family rides. Here’s a list of theme parks we recommend:
- Flamingo Land, North Yorkshire
- Alton Towers, Staffordshire
- Thorpe Park Resort, Surrey
- Chessington World of Adventures, Kingston Upon Thames
- Blackpool Pleasure Beach, Blackpool
- Legoland, Windsor
- Diggerland, Yorkshire/Kent/Devon
- Drayton Manor, Staffordshire
Go to The Races
Do you want the perfect excuse to get dressed up and spend a day out with your friends? Then head to a racecourse this summer, for a day of horse racing action, live music and plenty of fresh air!
Attending The Races makes for a wonderful day, especially when the sun is shining 🤩
This summer, there are various Ladies Day race days being held at many locations across the country, such as:
- Leicester Racecourse on 8th July 2023
- Newcastle Racecourse on 29th July 2023
- Carlisle Racecourse on 7th August 2023
- Brighton Racecourse on 10th August 2023
- Beverley Racecourse on 16th August
- Chester Racecourse on 2nd September 2023
The fun doesn’t stop at Ladies’ Days, there are also lots of other event days running at the racecourses such as:
- July Festival at Newmarket Racecourse on 13th – 15th July 2023
- King George Diamond Weekend at Ascot Racecourse on 28th – 29th July 2023
- Qatar Goodwood Festival at Goodwood Racecourse on 1st – 5th August 2023
- York Ebor Festival at York Racecourse on 23rd – 26th August 2023
- St Leger Day at Doncaster Racecourse on 16th September 2023
Visit an Outdoor Cinema
A fabulous way to spend a summer evening is by attending an outdoor cinema. You can sit back, relax and enjoy one of your favourite films whilst taking in the summer scene! 🎥
There are many locations across the UK holding outdoor cinema events in the coming months. Here are some of the places that we’d recommend for you and your family or friends to visit:
- Grease (PG) at Priory Park, Reigate on 1st July 2023
- Matilda The Musical (PG) at Westminster Abbey on 25th July 2023
- The Greatest Showman (PG) at Bath Rugby Club on 2nd August 2023
- Elvis (12A) at Longleat on 11th August 2023
- Mamma Mia! (PG) at Bolton Abbey on 23rd August 2023
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone (PG) at Alnwick Castle on 2nd September 2023
Spend the afternoon Wine Tasting
Take a trip to a vineyard for some very delicious wine 🍷
Enjoy an afternoon discovering the vineyards and learn about how some amazing British wines are produced! This is the perfect experience for those who are wanting an idea for a date night with their partner.
You can go wine tasting all across the UK, here are some of our suggestions:
- Chapel Down Vineyard, Kent – England’s leading wine producer with an award-winning range of sparkling and still wines.
- Renishaw Hall Vineyard, Derbyshire – This is a historic vineyard, planted in 1972! The wines are all crafted and monitored by an award-winning winemaker, Kieron Atkinson.
- Kerry Vale Vineyard, Shropshire – A small, family run vineyard, home to 6,000 vines and offers a high-quality wine experience.
If you’re feeling adventurous, why not take a trip to one of many Go Ape locations situated across the UK! It’s a great family day trip out, whilst staying at your ABI 👨👩👧👦
Each Go Ape experience includes forest activities such as; the tree top challenge (which consists of high ropes), forest segways, the nets adventure, and zip line trekking. For those scared of heights, Go Ape also offer axe-throwing experiences and mini Land Rover tours.