It’s finally time to light the fire, put your feet up and spend some quality festive time with your nearest and dearest 🥰
Here are just a few of our favourite festive activities to do with friends and family this holiday season 👇
Create your own Snowman bauble
This super easy DIY ornament is fun for the whole family and the perfect way to personalise your tree 🎄
For this activity, you’ll need:
3 wooden craft beads
Yellow and black marker pens
5 black buttons
1 brown button
A thin piece of red felt
- Using the markers, draw a snowman face onto one of the wooden craft beads. This’ll be used for the head of the snowman.
- Next, thread some twine through a singular brown button, then thread both ends of the twine through the 2 plain wooden craft beads and then through the face wooden bead.
- Then thread both ends of the twine through the 5 black buttons to create a hat. Tie the twine at the top of the buttons.
- With the remaining twine create another tie, making a loop so you are able to hang it up on your Christmas tree.
- Finally, grab your red felt and tie this between the face and the second craft bead to create a scarf.
Christmas marathon movie night
We love a good movie marathon, especially at Christmas time snuggling up on the sofa and bingeing the classics 📺
Don’t forget to grab a steaming mug of hot chocolate for your viewing fun 🍫
Below are some of our all-time favourite Christmas movies for you to get cosy with:
- Home Alone
- The Grinch
- The Polar Express
- Scrooge: A Christmas Carol
- Deck the halls
Check your local theatre times as there may be some festive films showing over December 🎥
Go Ice Skating
Whether you’re a graceful glider or a bit more like Bambi, there’s something inherently festive about donning a chunky jumper, big coat, and having fun on the ice 🧊
Here are some popular places around the UK where you can ice skate during the festive season:
- Malvern Winter Wonderland, Worcestershire
- Royal Pavilion Ice Rink, Brighton
- Edinburgh Winter Festival
- Cardiff Winter Wonderland, Wales
- Somerset House Ice Rink
- Leeds Ice Cube
It’s not always easy to find time to get creative, so pottery painting is a great way to let your artistic side shine whilst spending quality time with your loved ones ☕
For this, you’ll need a white, washed, plain pottery mug and some mug paint and markers.
- Firstly, wash your mug, ensuring it is fully clean and dried.
- Now for the fun part, decorate the outside of your mug with a Christmas scene.
- Let your mug dry for 24 hours.
- Wash your mug and enjoy a nice cup of tea or hot chocolate.