Get your apron on, wash your hands and get ready to get stuck into making some delicious homemade meals for the family this spring 😍
Take some inspiration from our springtime recipes we have below for you! 👌
Herby Spring Chicken Pot Pie
This is the ideal recipe for busy weeknights and is perfect for a family of 4. It takes around 10 minutes to prep and 30 minutes to cook.
For this recipe, you need; 2 tbsp of olive oil, a bunch of spring onions, 250g of frozen spinach, 6 ready-cooked chicken thighs, 350ml of hot chicken stock, ½ tbsp of wholegrain mustard, 200g of frozen peas, 200ml of half-fat crème fraiche, ½ small bunch of tarragon, a small bunch of parsley and 270g pack of filo pastry 😋
- Firstly, pre-heat the oven to 200°C and then heat the oil in a pan. Add the onions and spinach and fry until soft.
- Remove the skin and bones from the chicken before shredding it and add it into the pan.
- Stir through the stock and mustard. Bring it to a simmer and cook for 5-10 minutes. Then stir in the peas, crème fraiche and herbs and remove from the heat.
- Finally, place the filo pastry sheets over the mixture, brush with a little oil, and bake in the oven for a further 15-20 minutes.
Spring Greens Carbonara
Another quick and simple recipe for you and your family to enjoy!
A twist on Carbonara with some spring green vegetables, including sweet peas, broccoli and asparagus, giving your taste buds some balance from the saltiness of the pancetta and richness of the egg yolks 👌
The ingredients consist of; 2 ½ of tbsp olive oil, 200g of pancetta cubes, 4 egg yolks, a small bunch of parsley, 2 small bunches of basil, 4 large mint sprigs, 50g of parmesan, 350g of spaghetti, 125g of asparagus, 125g of long-stemmed broccoli and 125g of peas 🥦
- Firstly, heat a small amount of oil in a pan and sizzle the pancetta until crisp.
- Put the parsley, basil, mint and the remaining oil into a food processor until finely chopped.
- Next, whisk the egg yolks and parmesan in a bowl together.
- Boil the spaghetti and add the asparagus, broccoli and peas for the last few minutes.
- Then add the spaghetti into the pan of pancetta with a little bit of water, drain the boiled vegetables and add them to the pan.
- Combine the herbs, eggs and cheese then add it to the spaghetti and mix it all together.
- Heat until it is the perfect consistency, and then the dish is ready to serve.
Greek Roasted Lamb
Have you got the whole family coming round for dinner? Here, we have the perfect recipe that serves 8! 😊
3kg leg of lamb, 1 bunch of oregano and 1 lemon zest/juice along with 1 ½ kg of new potatoes cooked in the remaining herbs and olive oil, served with 400g of tinned tomatoes and a large handful of olives 🤩
- Firstly, preheat the oven to 240°C and heat a pan on the hob, adding in the garlic, half the oregano and lemon zest with a pinch of salt. Then add the lemon juice and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Pierce the lamb all over and push the herb paste you’ve just made into the holes.
- Peel the potatoes and put them into a roasting tray with the remaining olive oil and herb paste, and then add the lamb into the tray with the potatoes to roast together for 20 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to 180°C and roast for 1 hr 15 mins for medium-rare lamb, or a further 15 mins if you prefer your lamb medium.
- After this, baste the lamb with the juices and toss the potatoes. Once the lamb is done to your liking, remove it from the tray and let it rest. As the potatoes are still in the tray, put the oregano in with them and then remove from the tray.
- Add the tinned tomatoes and olives to the pan juices and simmer for a few minutes and then it’s all ready to serve.
Bacon & Pesto Pasta
You can’t go wrong with a yummy pasta dish 😍 This recipe is full of delicious textures and flavours. A quick make for any meal of the day!
For this recipe, you will need 150g of cherry tomatoes, 25g of parmesan, 150g of basil pesto, 300g of smoked back bacon, 350g of penne, 1 onion, 150g of broccoli, salt, pepper and 25g of pine nuts to serve (if you fancy) 🍽️
- Firstly, cut the broccoli into florets and the green stems into small chunks.
- Then add pine nuts to a pan and dry fry until they are toasted and golden brown.
- Get a pan of salted water, adding in the onion and pasta and boil as per the instructions on the pasta packet. Then add in the broccoli for the final 3 minutes.
- Drain the pasta and vegetables, refreshing the broccoli with cold water.
- Next, fry the bacon until crisp and golden. Reserve some of cooked bacon and add the rest to the pasta.
- Add the pesto, tomatoes and broccoli to the pasta mixture and season with pepper and stir.
- Finally, serve the pasta and scatter with toasted pine nuts, reserved bacon and parmesan on top.
Hot Cross Bread & Lemon Pudding
To finish off your springtime meal, we have this amazing hot cross bread and lemon pudding, serving up to 6 people 🍮
For this recipe, all you need is 4 hot cross buns, 200g of lemon curd, 2 large eggs, 200ml of double cream, 200ml of milk, ½ tsp of vanilla extract, 4 tbsp of caster sugar and cream or ice cream if you like.
- Preheat the oven to 160°C, then grease a baking dish with butter. Add the hot cross buns and spread on a generous amount of lemon curd.
- Whisk the eggs, double cream, milk and remaining curd into a jug, adding in the vanilla extract and caster sugar.
- Pour this mixture over the buns and leave them to stand for 30 minutes.
- Finally, bake for 30 minutes in the oven until the top is golden and the custard is gently set.
And don’t forget to serve with cream or vanilla ice cream 😋